From there, you can select the device you want to switch to and click “Change device. There are a few ways to backup and restore your Android. You can use a cloud backup service, such as Google Drive, or you can use an app like Titanium Backup. You can also create a manual backup using the Android Settings app.
- It is a PC Software designed especially for Android devices having MediaTek chipset.
- Regarding which Android devices would typically get TWRP support, you can expect many Google Pixel, OnePlus, and Exynos variant Samsung Galaxy phones to be on that list.
- The created backup will help you restore all the data whenever you need it.
- Make sure the system detects your Android phone by connecting stock firmware a USB cable to it.
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one.
- Samsung has promised three years of Android updates to all Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S20 variants in the Galaxy S series.
- You need to copy the backup to your desktop computer and restore it via the Fastboot app.
- Incorporating a plentitude of useful functionalities, this tool has always been the go-to choice for tech enthusiasts and general users alike.
- These were our tips to help you backup Android completely.
Also, make sure to read the requirements before applying the steps. TWRP does have a touch interface while stock recoveries work without it and are based on volume keys and power buttons. Now on Stock recoveries are extremely limited and wouldn’t allow you to do basically anything they just allow you to flash the stock ROM. While with TWRP you can flash third-party ROMs and mods like Xposed installer and Lineage OS Etc.
If you are looking for stability, I would recommend LineageOS, especially for older devices. Apart from that, overall, I think Pixel Experience and Paranoid Android are one of the best Android custom ROMs. The ROM boasts a clean and minimal UI, along with feature improvements. You can expect better notch handling, a new and improved volume control system, and yes, over-the-air updates of course. The ROM is completely open source, so if you have the skill for it, you can fork the project and make your own custom ROM out of it.